The Educational Publications Working Group (EPWG) is responsible for the preparation and scientific editing of ESMO books (Handbooks and Essentials for Clinicians). The group is committed to serving the ESMO community through practical, easy-to-use educational publications.
We are currently looking to identify two ESMO members to join this dynamic Working Group. Below is an overview of the tasks and responsibilities and application requirements.
Application closed: 22 November 2021
Tasks and responsibilities
EPWG members are expected to:
- Attend and actively participate in Working Group meetings
- Work as a co-editor on an ESMO book
- Participate in promotional activities related to ESMO books
Members work on a volunteer basis; the commitment is typically no more than 72 hours per year, though you should anticipate that this will be more when working on a book. The appointment will be for a mandate of two years (from 1 January 2022 until 31 December 2023) and may be extended for an additional two terms.
- Be an ESMO Member (in good standing)
- Be a medical doctor practising in the oncology field
- Have good communication skills in English
- Be familiar with ESMO books (Handbooks and Essentials for Clinicians)
- Have previous experience as either an author (e.g. book chapter, journal article, etc.) or editor
Candidates must not:
Currently hold a position in a for-profit healthcare organisation (excluding healthcare professionals in hospitals), pharmaceutical, diagnostic, biotechnology, medical technology and research, commercial medical education company or organisation, whether paid or not (except as a member of a scientific board or advisory board)
The candidate should be able to demonstrate that they:
- Are committed to the strategic goals, values and vision of ESMO
- Make an active contribution to ESMO’s mission
- Show unquestionable commitment to the highest level of professional and personal ethics
- Are willing and able (in terms of time and knowledge) to accept the workload and responsibilities inherent to this position; and create a positive atmosphere for constructive teamwork
The candidate, as a condition of appointment, acknowledges that they:
- will, if selected, resign/withdraw at the latest by the start of the term of office from any employment or leadership position as an officer or in a body of any international medical professional society, research group, foundation or charity, whether paid or not, if this position adversely affects ESMO’s interests according to the Executive Board’s evaluation.
How to apply
Application: closed on 22 November 2021
We look forward to receiving your application!