- Deliver an overview on novel molecular analyses techniques
- Illustrate the development of precision medicine in several tumour types
- Provide a state-of-the art overview on evidence-based de-escalation strategies
- Explore the application to various tumour types
Download the programme
How to apply
Application is via online form. During the application process you will be required to upload the following:
Applications for the virtual course are now closed.
Who can apply?
While this course is primarily aimed at oncologists resident in Europe, application is open to all ESMO members.
To apply, ESMO membership is mandatory. If you are not an ESMO member or need to renew your membership, please visit the ESMO membership pages.
All participants must follow the COVID 19 regulations* below.
ESMO will apply COVID-19 regulations according to the latest local authority guidelines and requirements.
To enter the meeting venue, faculty, delegates and staff will be required to show:
- A certificate providing evidence of full vaccination against COVID-19 with either the last dose of the primary vaccination having being administered in the last 9 months or with a booster dose having being administered at any timepoint, with a vaccine approved by WHO (the list can be found here)
- A certificate showing proof of recovery from COVID-19 in the last 6 months
Additionally, for all it is requested:
- Proof of negative PCR test not older than 72 hours or rapid antigen test not older than 48 hours.
The above-mentioned certificates will be checked at the entrance door.
In addition, the following health and hygiene measures will be applied:
- Hydro-alcoholic gel will be made available outside the rooms/at specific points
- Wearing face masks is compulsory inside the hotel/meeting room
Please note that each faculty member, delegate and staff, need to follow also the specific country COVID-19 regulations approved by the local authorities, if more restrictive than the ESMO regulations.
*Any changes to the COVID 19 regulations will be communicated on this webpage.
Successful applicants will benefit from complimentary course registration and accommodation.
In addition to the course registration and the hotel accommodation, a travel grant of maximum 400 euros is offered to selected applicants as a contribution versus their travel costs. The reimbursement will be processed after the course against original invoices/vouchers. Please be aware that visa costs are NOT covered by the travel grant and are the participant's responsibility.
The programme of this event has been accredited with 11 ESMO-MORA category 1 points. Recertification is necessary for medical oncologists to remain professionally certified by ESMO. Recertification guarantees that a certified medical oncologist has continued to update her/his knowledge and continues to possess the necessary skills and standards for the practice of medical oncology. For further details, please refer to ESMO-MORA Recertification Process & Requirements.
Michiel H. Strijbos, Belgium
Hendrik K. van Halteren, Netherlands
Venue and accommodation
Hotel de la Paix
Viale Giuseppe Cattori 18
6900 Lugano, Switzerland