The goal of the joint Working Group on Cancer in the Elderly is to promote education in cancer topics specific to this population.
The Cancer in the Elderly Working Group is a joint venture between ESMO and the International Society of Geriatric Oncology (SIOG) created in 2019.
Activities and responsibilities
- To improve management of the elderly cancer patients
- To better educate oncology professionals in issues related to elderly cancer patients
- To raise awareness on specific needs and requirements related to the management of the elderly patients with cancer
- Capucine Baldini, France (SIOG)
- Laura Biganzoli, Italy (ESMO)
- Valentin Goede, Germany (SIOG)
- Ravindran Kanesvaran, Singapore (ESMO)
- Elisabeth Quoix, France (ESMO)
- Siri Rostoft, Norway (SIOG)
- Christopher Steer, Australia (ESMO)
- Hans Wildiers, Belgium (SIOG)
Last update: June 2019