To assist clinicians dealing with the palliation of patients with COVID-19, ESMO has developed structured simple care pathways. The resources have been prepared and reviewed by an international team of ESMO palliative care experts and include two pathways:
These can be used either as freestanding documents or they can be edited for local use.
If you wish to edit for local use, we suggest:
- Check whether the medications are available
- Adjust the medication formulary to fit your national setting
- Remove medication not available
- Add other relevant agents that are available
- Add the names and phone numbers of local clinicians with palliative care expertise
The ESMO COVID-19 palliative care pathways do not constitute an order. Any clinician seeking to treat a patient using these templates is expected to use independent medical judgment in the context of individual clinical circumstances of a specific patient’s care or treatment.
ESMO does not warrant the accuracy, currency, or completeness of the ESMO COVID-19 palliative care pathways regarding the use or the results of the use of the ESMO templates in treatment. In no event shall ESMO or its experts be liable for any damages or consequential damages arising out of or in connection with the use of the ESMO templates.