The General Assembly is the supreme Corporate Body of the Society and has the following powers as per Article 11 of the ESMO Bylaws:
- Adoption and amendment of the Bylaws
- Appointment and removal of the members of the Executive Board
- Appointment and removal of the Nomination Committee Chair and the non ex officio Members
- Appointment and removal of the Statutory Auditors
- Approval of the Annual Report of the Executive Board
- Approval of the Audited Annual Financial Statements
- Discharge of the Members of the Executive Board
- Resolution on the dissolution and liquidation of the Society
- Resolution on matters which are mandatorily reserved to the General Assembly by law or by the Bylaws
- Resolution on matters which are validly submitted to the General Assembly by the Executive Board
The General Assembly consists of the Members of the Society pursuant to Article 4 of the Bylaws.
* Voting and all other rights in connection to the General Assembly are restricted to Members whose membership rights are not suspended (i.e. membership fees are paid within due time) and provided they were a Member on the 1 January of the respective calendar year.
The Ordinary General Assembly is traditionally held during the ESMO Congress. The President convenes the meeting by email no later than 20 calendar days prior to the date of the General Assembly.
Full details about the composition, powers, meetings and voting are detailed in Article 10-17 of the Bylaws.
Last updated: November 2020